Translate

Wednesday 7 November 2012

ScrapThat Remember When Sketch Challenge: the Journey awakens the Soul

This is the gorgeous November sketch by Amariyls over at the Scrap That site.
This is my interpretation of the sketch. It is a bit different than what I usually do with my bright colors and tons of flowers but I was compelled by this picture of this old barn. I did a light whitewash of my background added my pic and frame and  few flowers and DA to top it off.
 

To tone down the brown flowers I just went around the edges with some cream colored paint. I kept the flowers to a muted tone to match the paper.
Don't laugh but this is my first attempt at heat embossing :) I know right I've been scrapping for quite awhile now and never gave it a try. I broke down and bought an embossing gun rather than trying it with my hairdryer or my husband's heat gun. I have to say I like the outcome but definitely need to practice.
This is the Dusty Attic grass border. I painted it white and then went over the stems with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy and the tips with frayed burlap. It is really hard to see the colors in the pic but they came out nicely up close! I am going to go out and enjoy the rare bit of sunshine we have even though it's cold so have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the sketch...very beautiful!!Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page. Great use of Amy's sketch!! And what an amazing photo. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete