Translate

Sunday 30 December 2012

Miss You Most at Christmas Time

Christmas is always a special time of year for our family. My mom was born on Christmas Eve and of course being German meant our Christmas celebrations took place on Christmas Eve. This is the last picture taken of my mother. The next day she was admitted back into hospital where I sat with her for the next five months until she passed. I always think of the song Miss You Most at Christmas TIme by Mariah Carey when I think of her. She passed in May 2011. The wounds are still fresh but at least now I am able to scrap this picture without constant tears in my eyes. Miss you so much mom. . .have so much to tell you. . .


I used the Turtle Dove Collection from KaiserCraft. Love this paper.
And just a few closeups of the layout.

I love Prima Resins!!! The angel said it all for me with her heart in her hands. I used my Tim Holtz markers to add a bit of color to her.

and one last pic

Not really happy with the way the title came out but it was so long! I ended up cutting out the letters with my Cameo and realized they looked too small so I used the outline of them as a stencil and used some modeling paste and scrapped the title through the stencil. Used Tim Holtz sticlkes to make it stand out. Well sure not going to get another layout done this year so I will end this post with a wish for everyone for a very Safe and Happy New Year may all your wishes come true this year and may you meet your resolutions head on! I know I will be! :) Be well! TFL!

1 comment:

  1. Such a precious and gorgeous LO. You must really miss her, especially during these first Christmas holidays without her. Happy New Year! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete