Translate

Friday 11 January 2013

Scrap That January Skectch Challenge

This is the January sketch over at Scrap That.
I flipped the sketch horizontally to accomodate my pictures.

This was taken at Christmas. My two youngest grandaughters playing in the snow. Emily (3) is on the left and Isla (1) on the right. We had just finished our big family snowball fight when they decided to take a time out and just plopped themselves in the snow for a break. Talk about adorable.
This was my first time experimenting with modelling paste. I tired to bring out the three snowflakes depicted in the sketch with modelling paste a stamp, some ink and sparkles. I used way too much paste when I lathered it on the page (live and learn right?) and after smoothing it out I took a stamp and stamped an image of a snowflake into the paste. I let it dry then sanded it a bit with sand paper then gently went over the image with a lavender acyrlic paint. once the paint dried I wasn't happy with the effect so I went over the raised ridges with a fine tipped black marker, used some liquid glue and added sparkles. It's hard to see but it definitely brought the images out better.

The big snowflake is actually from Dusty Attics new chipboard and is called Doily #5 (DA0763). I painted it with metallic paint and added a bling in the middle. The surrounding flowers were made using a tutorial from Gabrille Pollaco (distressed flowers) and backed with some petals I had in my stash. Again there is a mix of Prima and Petaloo flowers. The snowflakes have been sitting in my closet forever can't remember where I got them.

I used some basic grey letters and inked them with Stazon Royal Purple ink. You can see the
other two snowflakes better in this pic.
Last photo showing the complete flower line up the side of the page. I added the ZVA bling after using a Tim Holtz marker to color it purple just for fun. Well now that the blogging is done it's off to the home gym for some time on the machines (new years resolution :( )I hope you have a great weekend inspite of this horrid weather! Ugh I hate rain especially in January. TFL!


2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page, Pam!! Love your mixed media work to create the snowballs!! Thanks for playing along with the January ScrapThat! sketch challenge!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and Winterlicious! Love those colors and your attention to detail! Thank you so much for joining us for the Scraps Of Darkness/Scraps Of Elegance blog hop! Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete