Translate

Friday 22 March 2013

MWAH-My Creative Scrapbook LE

During my last trip to Cambridge I went shopping at the mall with my daughter and my two grandaughters. Grandma never leaves home without her camera! I had just bought the girls Lilly & Emily) new hats for fun.They didn't need them but I couldn't help myself they were adorable! My daughter flat out told me I embarrass her because I look like a tourist with my camera always in tow so she disappeared to the back of the store while the girls and I had some fun. All I said was work it baby and they both struck a pose! I love shopping with these two other than the fact that I am usually broke by the time we get home :)
The flowers are a mix of Prima and Petaloo and of course the lighbulb is fromPrima's Junkyard Findings line. The papers came from the Limited Edition Kit from My Creative Scrapbook and are Kaisercrafts Secret Admirer Collection.
I used the new Dusty Attic piece Vine Corner (DA0753) for this layout. I had some troublewith getting it right! First I painted it white for a base. Then I mixed metallic green with white but it came out too light. I painted it anyway then went over the top with the metallic green again. I used my Retro punch and punched out a bunch of small flowers inked them, sprayed them with water, scrunched them up then opened them a little. I place them throughout the piece to add more color. The little owl is also one of Prima's new embellishments.
A close-up of the DA vine along the side of the page. I actually painted the leaves of the vine pink and then went over them with stickles to make them stand out more. This is the boldest page I have ever done. I didn't want to be intimidated by the colors because I loved the pictures so much and when my kits came in it was a perfect match!
The title says it all. It's what we do when we pose or blow kisses! I used Dusty Attic's Bookman letters for the title. Again pink paint and stickles.
Since they were little every chance I have especially given the fact that I don't live anywhere near a mall, I take the girls shopping.The rubon worked perfectly with the subject matter.
The last close-up of the litte piece of vine I attached to the page with the cute Prima bird. I painted everything with metallic paint to help make things stand out more and give the page unity. Well that's it for this post I am eager to start my next page and looking forward to the weekend. Have a great one and Be Well! TFL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment