Translate

Monday 13 May 2013

SPRING- Scrap That May Sketch Challenge


This is the May sketch at Scrap That . 
This is my take on the sketch.
Aptly titled spring for a spring challenge! I used the Prima Divine line of papers and embellishments for this project as they matched perfectly. Last October my brother gave me about 160 bulbs to plant in my garden the results this spring were gorgeous. Every morning I go out with my coffee and do a walk through of my garden and every morning there is a new addition of color!
I used Prima Alphas for the title and the frame is from the Divine collection as well.
A close-up of all the gorgeous Prima flowers that go with this line!
 Rather than use a doily I took a piece of yellow cardstock cut out a circle and the went around the circle with one of my corner punches. I then added pink Liquid Pearls for added dimension. I love the Washi tape that comes with this line just gorgeous!

Last close-up shot. I used Prima bling as well most definitely a Prima page. Ironically two day after I took this photo which was Mother's Day it snowed! Unbelievable! I stood at my French doors and watched in despair as the snow fell covering all my beautiful flowers and all the new buds and plants that had just broken ground. My hubby and I ran out and brought my Oleander trees back in (one may not survive). I pray they make it as they were my mom's and I brought them home when she passed.
Crazy isn't it? And yet they are calling for mid 20's in two days. Talk about extreme weather!  Well I'm off to assess the damage in my garden and start getting the house ready for the influx of children coming my way on the May long weekend. All of my daughters, their spouses and children are coming home for the weekend! Did I mention that I have five daughters?! Lord help me :) Be well and TFL!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely page! So glad that you were able to play along! Fingers crossed that your plants survive! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! This weather is nuts! Gorgeous layout, love the springy feel! Going to follow now...

    ReplyDelete