Translate

Sunday 1 September 2013

The Divine Miss Em

 Happy Labour Day Weekend! It's so hard to believe that summer has come to an end. The trees here are already dropping their leaves an indication that fall is fast approaching.
:( I love summer oh well fall is gorgeous here as well. 

After a lot of soul searching I decided to take my time and reinvent myself ( in every facet of my life). Part of that process is going back through my stash and start using up old kits and papers I've had on my shelf for years. This is my first project. It was the very first paper pack I bought from Crate Paper called the Katlin Collection. I bought this wow maybe six years ago, I know it was one of my first purchases. It matched this picture of my granddaughter Emily perfectly.

I love this picture of Em. She is a tiny four year old with the smile of an angel and a larger than life personality. It was her hat that threw me off and it took awhile before I realized that I had to change the paper a bit to fit perfectly.
I did a lot of inking on this page trying to pull in the colors of Emily's hat. The dark purple stood out the most so I decided to use it as my primary color. I also did some stamping and  masking as you can see along the left side. The chipboard is Dusty Attic (Corner Flourish #2).
Dark purple is Bo Bunny, light purple is Prima and all the rest are my flowers. I made the pink ones using paper from the collection to add more pink to the page. I also made the white ones. The little heart trinket I bought at the Art Studio in Cambridge a store owned by Karen Ellis from Canadian Scrapbooking magazine. I could live in that store! She has an amazing collection of masks and mists and everything!
I punched out a flower border and used ZVA crystals as the centres. You can see behind everything is more stamping done in yellow. I tired to used all the colors of the line that were also in Em's hat.
Close-up of the Dusty Attic piece Corner Flourish #2 I used. I painted it with white paint as a primer then used my trusty Tim Holtz markers and ink pads to color it. I gave the blooms a little spray of Vintage Pink Shimmer Mist. You can't tell here but they do sparkle. I also hand stitched around the page with purple floss mixed with a metallic pearl.
Another Dusty Attic piece ATC Frame #1. Originally I was going to cut the frame in half and have only half come from the top of the page. But I had stamped this image on the page very lightly and when my daughter saw it she picked up the frame and put it over the flowers and the light bulb went off. She was right it looked much better so I went over the image with a marker to bring it out more then framed it.
And a final shot of the piece.
This month is going to be very busy for me. I have the engagement album to finish and then ship out. My youngest daughter Jessie is expecting and today I got to see my little grandson on an ultrasound! He's gorgeous! I am hosting a shower for Jessie this month as well for about fifty people and still have to get the garden back under control and ready for the fall. And of course there is scrapping! I hope you all have a great weekend! Be safe have fun! All the best!


1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that photo is just adorable! I bet it feels wonderful to use your stash to design this gorgeous creation! BEautiful work!

    ReplyDelete