Translate

Thursday 18 September 2014

treasure-Dusty Attic September Sketch Challenge

A new Kisses for Keaton page using the September sketch from Dusty Attic. This is little Kiki before the horror of cancer came into her life. I am trying to make the Kisses for Keaton albums well rounded. They will include Kiki's battle with the disease as well as life before cancer  and a few pages dedicated to mom, dad and sister Mika.I was thrilled to hear that Kiki was granted her wish from the Make A Wish Foundation and is going on a Disney Cruise! This family deserves this vacation!
I used Maja Design's Crea Diem papers for this layout. And this was the sketch I had to work with. . .
And a few close-ups
A mix of blooms from Prima, Petaloo and Maya Design.
Love this soft pink bling from Prima.
 I tried to pull some denim in from Kiki's outfit and cut up a piece of denim and tucked small pieces in each of the corners. Then added a little bling to help it stand out. You can also see one of my favorite script stamps from Bo Bunny and of course some masking with the homemade moulding paste. I used two Sweet Pea Borders to make the circle frame surrounding the photo. Again I used the technique I saw on the Swirlydoos blog where I used some liquid pearls and embossing powder to get a textured effect on the chipboard. 
Another Dusty Attic piece was the title treasure done with blue paint. And more masking using my favorite heart mask from Heidi Swapp (Thank-you again Marilyn Rivera!). The stamp is from Hero Arts.

And finally the rubon quote from Kaisercraft. You can also see a snipet of cheesecloth here. I  used it throughout the page to soften the overall look. Well that ties up another post. We are heading into the weekend and it is cold!!! I feel like we were cheated this summer! Far to short and now the trees are already 40% turned here in Muskoka. Snow is coming ugh! Not my favorite time of year but then again I can stay in and scrap. For now tho I have to get my garden ready for winter. Have a great weekend! All the best! :)

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful soft layout , with lots of lovely extras , like the denim and the use of your home made paste . Also love the technique you have used on the chipboard swirls.
    i don't know Kikis story but do hope she enjoys he Disney cruise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page and touching story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, que história comovente e que página mais doce e linda!!! Eu fiquei encantada!!!
    Meu abraço a você.
    Marlei
    Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Love how you've painted the sweet pea border and made a circle of it!

    ReplyDelete