Translate

Monday 16 February 2015

cherish Mid Month Mood Board at Scrap Around the World

We had another gorgeous Mood Board to play with this month at Scrap Around the World http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.ca/! designed by the talented Tatiana Sidorenko!  
Love the greens and the ethereal feel of the board. So I went with a little magical fun
 I used the Secret Admirer Collection from Kaisercraft. The colors were a perfect match for this photo of a little pixie I know.  
 I had fun playing with gesso and moulding paste mists and gelatos! I simply painted the entire background with gesso as a primer. Then I used my 12 by 12 bubble stencil from Prima and slathered on the moulding paste! I tried to keep the colors consistent using Prima and Lindy's Stamp Gang mists. I went over it again with a smaller stencil and added little flowers made of moulding paste with bling centres.
I backed the photo with cardboard to raise it up so I could tuck my flowers under it. My blooms are primarily Petaloo for this layout except for the big blue one. 
You can see more of the secondary masking here with a few blooms, a Prima resin and plenty more petaloo flowers. I did very little stamping on this page. I used a script stamp from Gabrielle Pollaco's new stamp set and stamped just a bit around the photo. 
Gabi's Label Stamp Set by Gabrielle Pollacco

 And last but not least the title. I used chalkboard paint on my chipboard this time and I love the flat matte look of it! A couple of small Prima resins to finish it off!

I know that I had set some goals for myself this year one of them being more layouts each month, Unfortunately right now I am acclimatizing to working again so not too many things getting done on the scrap front. Although there is a almost finished layout on my desk for the Keaton album and a little layout I did using a kit from the Scrapbook Diaries. So stay tuned and see you soon! All the best! :)
Happy Family Day!



8 comments:

  1. So pretty. adorable photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page my friend! It looks sooo beautiful and the doll, too! So good you are working again, hope everything is better for you this year...sending a big hug! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous LO, and you've captured the SATW mood board so beautifully!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Gorgeous background! Love all the beautiful blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout wit soft colors, Pam
    Thanks for leaving lovely comment on my blog and for warm welcome at SATW.
    You make lovely projects, I am your happy new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page, sweetie! I saw that you were working again. It's hard to make time for our scrapping when we do but it's great therapy. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi, You have no idea how much I am suffering from going back at my age running all day long is nuts! But it bought me a new bathroom and will get a new roof on the house this summer. I hate that it takes so much time away from scrapping but if I want all the goodies have to pay for them! Miss our convos from Scrap That! :( I visit your blog often! Wow you've just accomplished so much! Awesome! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi, I just want to say thank you for the lovely message you left to my blog. I'm sorry for your loss too. Gladly we both have lovely memories that carries us through tough times. Take care! P.s. what a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete