Translate

Saturday 15 August 2015

Sweet Dreams Scrap Around the World Mid -month Reveal

It's that time again at Scrap Around the World for the mid-month Reveal. The Mood Board was designed by the very talented Jaya Raghuvanshi . You should visit her blog! and this was the Mood Board she designed.
Although I loved the colors in the board I was struck by the word dream. I also had this amazing photo of my grandson sleeping so peacefully. Hence the layout Sweet Dreams.
The papers are from Kaisercraft's Bundle of Joy-Boy papers. Love the subdued hues. I also finally had the opportunity to use my Dusty Attic dreamcatcher! 
 As always I primed it with Gesso. Then after a quick one hour trip to my nearest craft store I inked it with Juniper ink from Ranger. I heat embossed the middle with Verdigris Embossing Powder also from Ranger. Finding these pastel colors was no easy feat! I used the Frayed Burlap marker from Tim Holtz as well as Walnut stain to do the leaves. And used a stencil and white paint to add the white dots. I added some micro-beads for added interest. I also added some pearl dots on the piece to break up the color a bit.
I used Prima's 12 by 12 Harlequin stencil for my background masking. I then cut diamond shapes out of the various papers from the line.  This gorgeous bloom is also from Prima!
The title is another piece from Dusty Attic. Again just primed it with Gesso then I used Chocolate Brownie Coloringz from Shimmerz. I love the rich look of the color and the matte finish! It's a delightful Mood Board this month and I can't wait to see what you do with it! For more details on the amazing prizes you can win visit Scrap Around the World!
Or my previous post Here.

Thanks for dropping by and I'll see you soon! All the best! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very peaceful & calm layout, love that dreamcatcher!!! Cheers, Kris

    ReplyDelete