Translate

Friday 16 October 2015

u color my world-Mid-month Reveal at Scrap Around the World

 It's that time again at Scrap Around the World where those of us on Team B get to showcase our layouts for this months Mood Board. This is my layout!
Based on this wonderful Mood Board by Helen McMahon!
Brilliant isn't it? in more ways than one! My layout is of my oldest granddaughter Lilly after she got drenched during a water fight. I was inspired by the colors and the quote. This photo was taken hours after we buried my mom. I was in a deep state of despair and Lilly managed to bring a smile to my face. I thank God for my grandchildren!! I can't count how many times they have made a difficult life more joyful just by being themselves!! The dress Lilly is wearing is one of my favourites I just love all the colors on her and it worked with the Mood Board perfectly!
Did alot of misting and stamping on this page! I used Crate Paper's Restoration Line for this! Their papers are so amazingly thick and durable! No worries when it comes to using mixed media on it! I used some Prima stamps big and small.
I am still adjusting to using colorful mists on my layouts. I tend to be more cautious and reserved so when in doubt paint it on! lol Painted the butterflies and the circle with various Shimmerz products.I did however spray the background and use random splatters!
The white flowers are from Prima. I decided to add a little ink to them and the rest are from Petaloo.
My title is made of American Crafts DIY Thickers which I misted blue. Here and there around the page you can see little doodles I did making flowers out of the splatters of mists. I really enjoyed making this page. To be honest I am going to try harder to relax that old arm and let the mist fly!! I am looking forward to making some more labor intensive mixed media projects in the next few months. I hope you liked this one. 

Don't forget all the awesome prizes we have on our blog and please remember to read our rules carefully and follow them to the letter if you want to qualify! You can find the Scrap Around the World blog HERE. Good luck!

All the best! :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love all the blossoms and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, I love your layout...the misting, colors, elements & the meaning behind it! I always enjoy playing along the challenges :)

    ReplyDelete