Translate

Sunday 31 January 2016

Wonderful Life More Than Words February Sparkle Challenge

Have to say that I am over the moon happy with the response to our first challenge at More Than Words! The entries were amazing and I was thrilled to see a whole batch of new faces as well as some good friends! Can't wait to see who the winners are!! I'll be submitting my votes tomorrow! That being said when one challenge ends another begins so taking a deep breath. . .

Challenge TWO!!
Our Main Challenge is based on a Word Inspiration and a Creative Challenge.
This challenge is open to layouts, canvases and art journal pages only.

Word Inspiration - WONDERFUL
Creative Challenge - SPARKLE

Use the word "WONDERFUL" as inspiration to create your project!
You can chose to use the word somewhere on your project or to simply be inspired by it.  Please explain in your blog post how it inspired you if it not obvious.

Our creative challenge is "SPARKLE".
We want to see projects that sparkle and shine! Add some subtle shimmer to your project or some serious bling - it's up to you. Anything that shines is fine!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!  You have to incorporate both parts of the challenge, that is the word inspiration and the creative challenge, on your project in order to be eligible for a prize.  Remember that our challenge concept is all about a WORD and more (thus our name More Than Words)! :)  When we vote, we specifically look for projects that display BOTH requirements, and not just the creative challenge.  Just look at our DT members' interpretation, as described underneath their project, as example.

Please check out our RULES to make sure that you are eligible for one of our prizes! 
We have kept these rules very simple for you to play along.  One of them is that
 you must post our board image and a link to our blog in your entry post.

AND this is my project. . .

 My wonderful mother at eighteen! She looks amazing doesn't she? This is a 12 by 12 canvas that will soon adorn my youngest daughter's wall. All my girls adored their grandmother! We lost her in 2011 to cancer. I used the December All That Glitters Kit from Swirlydoos. Gorgeous papers and tons of bling in this kit and add ons! 
The papers are from Kaisercraft and worked perfect with this photo! Here you see some misting work, heat embossing, stamping and I added crushed glass in pink with clear gloss.
 
More glitter with some gems I bought at the craft store. You can see here that I heat embossed the Heart frame from Dusty Attic with pink glitter embossing powder. Easy way to apply a gorgeous looking treatment!
 The title is simply a Tim Holtz rubon! To the right you can see some of the gorgeous silver lace that came with this kit!
 Lots of blooms on this page. The stamped bloom I made myself with my Heartfelt Creations dies. The gorgeous black candied flowers are from Petaloo and the pink stem is from Prima as is the gorgeous white leaf!
 Just a little close-up of some of the detail.
The heart is from Dusty Attic, again I simply applied gesso as a primer then heat embossed it with pink embossing tinsel. I tucked a few blooms inside the heart for more color and texture. You can also see some imaginisce bling scattered about the page. I used their heating tool to add them all ( a gift from a fan!) 
More blooms!! Again Petaloo produced the gorgeous black and dark pink ones and Prima made the large baby pink one. I added another handmade one for balance. I always include some handmade flowers on every page I do of my mom.
Another Dusty Attic heart tucked into the photo stack with a Petaloo bloom. More stamping and misting work.
Some of the mediums I used! Lots of Shimmerz, 3D Gloss, Gesso, Micro Beads, Embossing Tinsel and of course molding paste (not shown)
And now onto the fun stuff the. . .

All our prizes include international postage!

WINNER
$50 USD worth of products from LEMONCRAFT

Here is more information about our 1st place sponsor this month:

"Lemoncraft was born from a passion and desire to fulfill your creative dreams! We are a Polish manufacture of products for all paper craft artists who share our passion for beautiful artistic designs.  In our product selection, you will find a wide range of scrapbooking papers, ribbons, flowers, buttons/badges (flair) as well as other useful items for scrapbooking, card-making, decoupage and many other 
areas of creativity and inspiration!"


Next, 4 runners up will each be awarded a prize valued at $25 USD.

1st RUNNER UP
a prize package from 2 CRAFTY
(image below is for illustration purposes only)


2nd RUNNER UP
a gift certificate from FLYING UNICORN


3rd RUNNER UP
a prize package from 13ARTS


4th RUNNER UP
a prize package from MAJA DESIGN


In addition, we will draw 1 random winner from all eligible entries.

RANDOM WINNER
a gift certificate from LINDY'S STAMP GANG


Because we LOVE giving away prizes, we have added a new one to the mix!

Each month, we will hand pick a mystery winner from all entries received who hasn't made it to our TOP 5, but who has captured our attention someway somehow. We might pick a project due to its original use of a certain product, the cleverest title, most beautiful photo! Who knows what will be looking for?! That's why we call it our MYSTERY PRIZE!

Sponsorship of this prize every month comes from
a brand new sponsor added to our lineup!
  
MYSTERY WINNER
a prize package from FABRIKA DECORU


And last, but certainly not least, we will randomly award a prize to
1 lucky blog follower who has commented on any of our February posts.

COMMENTER'S PRIZE
a $25 USD gift voucher from THE KREATIVE KORNER


To learn more about all our generous sponsors, click on the SPONSORS tab above!

We look forward to seeing your interpretation of our 
February WONDERFUL & SPARKLE challenge!

Link up your project using the LinkyTool in the right sidebar
by February 29th at 11:59 pm EST!!

(Please note that you need to share your entry via a blog post to be eligible!
We unfortunately cannot accept entries via Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr or other.)
 So there you have it everyone! The February release! I hope to see your projects on the blog!!  

Side note: I have been struggling a great deal with horrific nerve and neck pain. As a consequence I haven't done as many projects as I would like. I plan on changing this!! Surgery is no longer an option. I must go thru some very intensive and intrusive procedures to regain the strength in my neck and relieve the pain. I ask that you say a small quick prayer for me as this will be (so I am told by the surgeon) excrutiatingly painful. I am looking forward to better days and many, many more projects from me so please be patient with me I'll get there I promise!! Apologies for the long post! Have a good evening and All the best! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love, love this beautiful page and the photo is just lovely. The design is elegant and the delicate touches of sparkle are perfect.

    ReplyDelete