Translate

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Cousins are friends for Life

 Greetings! I am here today with the latest challenge from More Than Words. This month's challenge involved two components circles and the word friends. This is my interpretation.  
And this is the wonderful Mood Board from More Than Words!
I used papers from a variety of Maja Design collections. I love that they are so inter changeable! I backed my photo with a calendar cutout (Vintage Spring line) to mark the month this photo was taken, Easter which was March this year.
To bring in the circle element I did two things one was to gesso my background. I then used molding paste and a Prima stencil and added a layer of circles. I then went over the circles  with a light misting of Lindy's Stamp Gang -Bachelor Button Blue. I then went back and used a Tim Holtz marker-Stormy Sky to bring out the stenciling more.
My second use of circles came in the form of chipboard. I used two circles from the Blue Fern Studios Splattered Circles package. I used embossing ink and completely covered the circles with it then sprinkled Vintage Pink Embossing Tinsel all over it. It dried beautifully with a gorgeous glitter to it! The Embossing Tinsel is from Stampendous. I also fussy cut some butterflies for an additional element of interest on my page.
I decided to cut the title so that I would have two sections for balance. 
I used the same process for treating this chipboard. Only difference was that this embossing powder was from Recollections at Michaels. The flowers are from Petaloo and Prima.
We are offering some awesome prizes this month so please come visit our blog and check it out!!
Take care and all the best! :)

1 comment: