Translate

Saturday 24 February 2018

I love you

 I am slowly trying to catch up on scrapping photos of my youngest grandson Hudson. He is already walking and I've yet to scrap his newborn photos. Bad grandma! So I've taken out a series my daughter gave me from a photo shoot and I plan on making my way through them. This is the first. Titled simply "I love you" 
 I used Maya Design's beautiful Sofeiro collection. Although Hudson is a boy I wanted to play of the pink tones in my daughter's sweater. I used green to add the boy element.
 I used a mixture of blooms but most of them are from 49 & Market who make the most wonderful flowers! I've added pink seedlings from Blue Fern Studios in various places for more interest.
 The heart is a Prima resin I primed with gesso then painted with Finnibar's wonderful Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint in Green Gold. With the white gesso it turns gold without gesso the color is green! I love these paints. I need more! More seedlings but green this time inside the heart.
A very simple background. Primed with clear gesso. I stenciled a damask pattern on with molding paste and lightly misted it with pink. I wanted the focus to be on the papers rather than an overwhelming mixed media background.
You can see the beautiful chipboard frame here from Blue Fern Studios. I also primed it so that it would pick up the embossing powder better. It's a baby pink. Some cheesecloth and more seedlings.
Another flower cluster using 49 & Market blooms.
You get a better view of that gorgeous chipboard frame. And of course my beautiful daughter and grandson.
I used the Prima doily die to cut out some doilies to frame the photo.


That's all for today. I hope to be back to you soon!
All the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment